Late last week, director of the Acton Institute’s Rome office spoke on Ave Maria’s Al Kresta in the Afternoon. Since the conclave to elect a new pope is set to start on Tues. March 12, Jayabalan and Al Kresta discuss the potential candidates for pope and the mood in Rome. Jayabalan lists some of the qualifications the new pope should possess then suggests Cardinals from around the world who possess the best experience and skills.
Some of the Cardinals that Jayabalan and Kresta mention are:
- Cardinal Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Milan.
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect of the Congregation for Bishops and president of the Pontifical Commission for Latin America. He was previously archbishop of Quebec and primate of Canada.
- Cardinal Odilo Scherer, Archbishop of São Paulo.
- Cardinal George Pell, Archbishop of Sydney,
- Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, archpriest of the Church of Saint Felix of Cantalice at Centocelle and de facto Primate of the Philippines.
- Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith, de facto primate of Sri Lanka.
- Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke, current Cardinal Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. He was previously Archbishop of St. Louis
- Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, Archbishop of New York. He also currently serves as the President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and was granted the titular position as Cardinal Priest of Nostra Signora di Guadalupe a Monte Mario in Rome.
- Cardinal O’Malley, Archbishop of Boston.
Listen to the full interview and hear the different qualifications of each of these Cardinals mentioned.