We’ve launched a redesigned Acton PowerBlog but there’s more to it than just a visual update. You’ll find the following enhancements:
- A simpler look that seeks to better emphasize important features of the blog
- Convenient tab navigation on the right for frequently used items
- Increased real estate for blog posts like the one you’re reading
- Increased emphasis on social media including:
- New links near the top right and bottom of the page to Acton’s key social pages
- A live Facebook page stream on the right so you can see what’s happening without leaving the blog
- More “Like” and send buttons on front page blog posts (not just the first one)
- A new comment system that preserves all old comments while adding increased functionality
- A better subscribe page with more feed links and information
The new comment system is probably the largest change after the redesign itself. With this system (called Disqus) you no longer have to type your name and email every time you want to comment. Now you can login with an account from a number of websites including Facebook, Twitter, and Disqus itself in order to comment here. You can also give feedback on comments by liking and replying to them. If you have a Disqus account you can build a “commenter reputation” and your comments will carry more social weight with people seeking higher quality insights.
We welcome your feedback in the comments for this post.