Mark your calendars! On Friday, October 31, The Acton Institute and Calvin College’s Calvin Center for innovation in Business will present a Symposium on Common Grace in Business. This event will bring members of the faith, academic, and business communities together to explore and consider Abraham Kuyper’s works on common grace and how it applies to various business disciplines. It will also celebrate the publication of the Acton Institute’s first translation of Kuyper’s works on common grace into English. It will take place at the Prince Conference Center on Calvin’s campus in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Keynote speakers are Peter Heslam, director of Transforming Business at Cambridge University, a multi-disciplinary research and development project on enterprise solutions to poverty, and Richard Mouw, former president of Fuller Theological Seminary. Other speakers include business leaders from Grand Rapids and professors, including:
- Bing Goei, Eastern Floral
- Sid Jansma Jr., Wolverine Gas & Oil
- Milt Kuyers, GMK Companies
- Amy Ruis, Art of the Table
- Michelle Van Dyke, Fifth Third Bank
- Kelli Schutte, William Jewel College
- Scott Quatro, Covenant College
- Bruce Baker, Seattle Pacific University
- John Bolt, Calvin Theological Seminary
- J.D. Loeks, President, Celebration! Cinemas
- Scott Rae, Biola University
- Vahagn Asatryan, Redeemer University College
Cost for the event is $149 or $99 for full time students, this includes all meals and snacks throughout the day. Check out the Common Grace Symposium flyer. For more information or to register, visit Calvin’s event page.