Can capital markets be moral? At The Veritas Forum at Cambridge University, Rev. Richard Higginson explains how we should rethink our capital system to avoid problems like the financial crisis.
His five part plan includes:
1. Rediscovering capital virtues like moderation and prudence,
2. Adopting sound policy like reducing debt and spreading risk,
3. Reviewing the purposes and scrutinizing the practices of banking by a reputable international body,
4. Continuing to invest and give as a sign of hope, and
5. Considering long-term investments in ethical enterprises rather than simply maximizing short-term gain